Saturday, February 9, 2013

Oscar 2013 - Makeup


It's possible that some to believe that I went nuts since I'm writing about makeup, but I have to pretty good reasons: 1. it's the only place where I have the opportunity to talk about a movie, generally speaking 2. I needed some short activity to get me sleepy at this hour :) So ...





"Hitchcock" is the title about I was saying above, which is actually quite clear regarding the topic. I can't say it's a masterpiece but I think it's the best biopic I've seen in the last years (and yes, I've seen that thing called "King's Speech" which not even today I don't know how it managed to nail the Oscar for best picture). As subject, the movie revolves on the time piece around shooting "Psycho". I won't say more besides that the way this is handled as script is very clever. About Anthony Hopkins, I think he had better parts, but what's more interesting on the acting side here is James D'Arcy as Anthony Perkins. Although the screen time is quite short, it's incredible how well this guy can enter into the role to say it bluntly. And of course, another reason to watch this was Scarlett Johansson, but for that I'm extremely subjective :) I think I was supposed to talk about makeup though ... Well .. not much to be said here .. Going forward ...





"The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" is my preference on this category, not that I have any expertise but more to compensate some credit assumed by the VFX team versus makeup, with which I'm not really agreeing ... However, the Oscar goes (probably) to ...





"Les Miserables" .. where I don't have more to say than that I have no idea how Jean Valjean seems to get younger at some moment .. But, maybe I'm blind or this is also an Oscar worthy effect ...

No comments:

Post a Comment